Why Would I Use Nitrogen Tire Inflation?
54% of Americans Drive on Under-Inflated Tires
Air is composed of:
- 76% Nitrogen
- 23% Oxygen
- 1% Other Gasses
Air permeates through a tire up to four times faster than Nitrogen.
Nitrogen simply stays in your tire for a longer period of time.Additionally, eliminating oxygen and water vapor from your tires also helps maintain proper tire pressure for longer periods of time.
Through the use of Nitrogen Tire Inflation you will see the following benefits:
- Improved Safety: 54% of Americans drive on under-inflated tires. Nitrogen enables more stable tire pressure for longer periods of time, thereby reducing the chances for a blowout.
- Improved Tire Wear: By eliminating the moisture and oxygen through nitrogen tire inflation, the risk of oxidation of tire walls is significantly reduced, creating better wear characteristics.
- Improved Fuel Economy: Nitrogen reduces the average rolling resistance of the tire, thereby improving fuel economy.
- Improved Tire Pressure Monitoring System Performance: By using nitrogen instead of air in your tires, you reduce "false positive" indications from your tire pressure monitoring system, thereby reducing unnecessary service calls.
- Improved Rim Life: The moisture and oxygen contained in air accelerates rim rust, causing slow leaks in your tires. The dryness of nitrogen eliminates that condensation.
Why not eliminate all oxygen and water vapor in your tires with the performance leader UltraFill99+ Nitrogen System?
Main Benefits of Nitrogen - GREEN TECHNOLOGY - Hybrid Tires
|Improved Tire Pressure||Nitrogen permeates tire walls up to 4 times slower than air. Tires lose 1 to 2 psi per month when filled with air. With nitrogen, you will see the same 1 to 2 psi loss in pressure over a period of 6 months.|
|Improved fuel economy||With under-inflated tires, tires have greater rolling resistance. By converting to nitrogen, average rolling resistance is improved, thereby improving performance and fuel economy.|
|Cooler running tires||Nitrogen is not subject to as much temperature fluctuation as is air, resulting in cooler running tires.|
|Removal of oxidation||Oxygen is very reactive at high temperatures. By converting to nitrogen tire inflation, you eliminate the potential for oxidation that damages rims and deteriorates the rubber.|
|Improved retreadability||Tire retreadability is improved as tires retain more flexibility with nitrogen tire inflation.|
|Reduction of Tire Leaks||Moisture in air-inflated tires creates rim rust, leading to tire leaks. Because nitrogen is 100% dry, moisture is eliminated. No condensation, no leaks.|
|Tire Reliability||Reduced tire failures through the use of nitrogen equals fewer service calls.|